Skin growth is a scary symptom for many people. And the papilloma becomes the cause of the experience, both in the medical sense and in the aesthetic sense. Is it possible to get rid of this pathology and how dangerous is it for the patient? Let's try to understand it below.
First, you need to determine what are papillomas on the body. They appear in the form of benign tumors, growths on the skin. They are painted in different colors: pink, beige, brown and red. The size of such a neoplasm varies from one millimeter to several centimeters (usually a papilloma is one to three centimeters in diameter). It can be soft to the touch, like a pimple - a local type of inflammation. However, the nature of such structures is quite different.
Papillomas are able to change rapidly, their size and the location of affected tissues. In addition, there are non-progressive types of tumors. Papillomas appear mainly on the legs, face, hands and mucous membranes. A little less often, they are found on the trunk, very rarely, on internal organs (including the genitals).
Papilloma removal is now performed in many clinics.
causes of appearance
Human papillomavirus, or HPV, is the cause of nipple-like growths on mucous membranes and skin. The virus is carried by 90% of people worldwide. Many people are carriers of the disease and don't know they have it. The catalyst for the formation of papillomas is a sharp decrease in immunity.
They are divided into several types depending on the type of virus that causes benign tumors:
- classic warts - types 2 and 4;
- flat wart - types 3 and 10;
- warts - 6 and 11 types.
Viruses 11 and 6 belong to the reduced risk group. Such pathologies are simply treated. However, there are dangerous types of HPV that can turn into cervical cancer and dysplasia in the later stages. To eliminate such risks, it is necessary to determine the cause of their occurrence. Many are interested in how to get rid of papilloma.
How is the HPV virus transmitted?
If you use the same hygiene products or touch the skin of a carrier of the virus, papilloma can be transmitted in the household. But most often papilloma is transmitted through sexual intercourse. It should be noted that even condoms do not help to avoid infection, because contact with the mucous membrane and skin of the carrier cannot be ruled out. The virus can also be acquired from places characterized by a high concentration of moisture (spas, steam rooms, baths, public beaches, swimming pools).
Where to remove the papilloma, we will tell at the end of the article.
How to determine the presence of papilloma?
Sometimes, during the "maturation" of the human papillomavirus, the patient may have a fever. However, in many cases, the incubation period ends unnoticed and the disease progresses without any symptoms. Papilloma and its type can be determined only when a tumor appears. Types of papillomas and their symptoms are as follows:
- wart (simple papilloma): affected areas - feet and hands, distinguished by a keratinized, dense surface, more than one millimeter in diameter, painless;
- papilloma of the mammary glands: characterized by the discharge of a colorless or bloody liquid from the breast, it is best identified by a specialist by palpation;
- the structure is flat: they can be smooth and rough, look like "checked" warts, appear under the breast, in the armpits and on the face, cause some pain and discomfort, the diameter is from three to five millimeters;
- filiform structure: they are distinguished by their elongated shape, at the end there is usually a papilla, they cause unpleasant pain when touched by clothes, they appear in the eyes, armpits and neck, they are flexible in physical nature;
- pointed tumors: appear in the kidneys and genitals, are bright pink in color, have a pointed tip (they look like a comb on the outside);
- papillomas in the throat: appear in the mucous membrane of the larynx, larynx and throat, which does not allow to eat, speak and breathe calmly;
- papillomas on the leg: a tumor appears inside the patient's leg, it looks like a corn, but the color and texture of the corn is not natural.
treatment of papilloma
It was mentioned above that such a virus cannot be removed from the human body. Currently, there is no drug that can completely eliminate HPV. By keeping your immune system strong enough, you can reduce the incidence of infection. You can only deal with the consequences of an existing infection. Thus, it is necessary to talk only about dealing with external phenomena, not their source.
How is papilloma treated?
Conservative HPV therapy includes the use of antiviral agents and immunomodulators. Immunomodulatory drugs are prescribed only after determining cellular sensitivity to drugs and determining the status of the human immune system.
The most popular and effective means of combating HPV manifestations are:
- Antiviral ointments for papillomas;
- interferon synthesizing inducers;
- drugs with carcinogenic effect;
- immunomodulators with specific effects.
In addition, for the purpose of HPV therapy, the active ingredient is a purine derivative and an agent with not only an antiviral, but also an immunostimulating effect is prescribed. It is even prescribed for children over three years old. Effective in genital and throat papillomas. Popular ways doctors treat papillomas include:
- Echinacea tincture;
- rose hip decoctions and herbs.
Such means also have a positive effect on immunity, help to strengthen it and generally have a healing effect. However, a number of folk methods cannot be said to be safe. In addition, treatment with non-medicated tinctures and decoctions is a serious mistake. Because patients do not consult a doctor on time, malignant structures may appear that are detected and removed at an early stage.
Medication must be followed by immediate removal of the source of infection, but only surgically, not with creams or ointments.
Consider the treatment of papillomas with folk methods.
The most effective folk remedies
Currently, people do not always trust modern medicine and often prefer to use proven folk methods of treatment. First of all, you should remember that HPV is a consequence of weak immunity, therefore, it is necessary to take care of it first, and only then - about the cosmetic defects of the pathology. How to remove papilloma at home, the doctor can tell.
- Immunity is strengthened with garlic tincture: chop 500 grams of vegetables, pour the same amount of unrefined sunflower oil and insist for three days in a cool place. After that, barley groats (300 grams) should be added to the resulting mixture. One teaspoon of this remedy should be taken daily before meals. A one-month course is recommended. How to get rid of papilloma?
- Rowan. These fruits should be applied to the papilloma and to do the procedure as often as possible. The disadvantage of this method is that the products are seasonal.
- A good remedy for papillomas is potato berries. This vegetable is known for its medicinal properties. Drink freshly squeezed potato juice (100 ml) in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. Within a month, papillomas will decrease, and the human body's defenses will be restored.
- The best way to get rid of neoplasm is cystotela. Freshly squeezed juice of this plant should be applied to the papilloma and this procedure should be repeated several times a day. The warts will fall off after a day or two, but you won't be able to pull them off yourself.
- Laundry soap for papillomas on the body. Apply a thick layer to problem areas every evening. Papillomas dry up in the morning, then they dry up completely.
- Papilloma can be dried with medical alcohol. Apply the neck of the bottle to the affected area and hold it for a couple of minutes. Such a procedure will help to get rid of a good tumor.
- Another remedy for papillomas is various essential oils that help fight against unwanted growth. To do this, apply two drops of oil (lavender, tea tree, lemon, eucalyptus) to the affected area every day. Such manipulations are carried out for about two weeks, if more time is needed for recovery, you can extend the course for another week. Essential oils are not recommended for use in the treatment of papilloma in children. A child's delicate skin may have a negative effect on the components of essential oils. Removing papilloma at home is a long process.
- Resin is used according to the principle of laundry soap. Such a tool is useful because it contains ten percent of birch resin. Thanks to this, the papillomas dry up, the inflammation disappears, and the scar does not remain on the affected area. Many people complain about the smell of the soap, but it goes away quickly. The product should be stored in a closed container.
- In addition to ointments for papillomas, threading is often used. This method has been used for a long time, but it is not approved in modern medicine. With the help of a thread, the base is tied, preventing blood from entering the papilloma. However, such manipulations can worsen the situation, infection can be introduced, so it is still undesirable to carry them out.
- Iodine is another antiseptic that can be used only in the cold season to avoid exposure to sunlight on the papilloma. For protection, the adjacent skin areas should be lubricated with an oily cream. Then you can carry out the procedure: extract iodine in a cotton solution and apply it to the neoplasm, hold it for about a minute. After several manipulations, the papilloma dries up and soon disappears. We have considered how to treat papilloma with folk remedies.
To enhance the effect, it is necessary to add decoctions of wild rose, thread and calendula to the diet. It helps to strengthen the immune system and helps to eliminate papillomas.
Where to remove the papilloma?
Of course, private clinics have more modern equipment than public medical institutions. That's why many people use their services and don't pay much attention to the high cost. However, in addition, the place of growth should be taken into account.
An intact papilloma is considered a cosmetic problem, so its removal is not free. If it bleeds, swells, hurts, itches, then this poses a threat to the patient's health. Usually no money is charged to remove such growth.